Earn University Graduate-Level Professional Development Semester Units/Credits for Your Participation in CAEA Events*

Only $99 per graduate-level professional development semester unit/credit!

You will automatically receive the following units/credits for your participation in the CAEA events listed below; you will not be required to submit any additional work beyond submitting a Certificate of Completion from the event.

CAEA Annual State Conference – 2 units/credits ($198)
CAEA Regional Conference – 1 unit/credit ($99) 

You must wait until you have completed the CAEA event and received a Certificate of Completion before you register!

Three simple steps:
Step 1
Get to know the policies of your school district regarding graduate-level professional growth courses, due dates, etc. Some districts require prior approval and some don’t. Districts vary in policy regarding whether or not they require embossed transcripts, and districts have different turn-in dates for salary advancement.

It is your responsibility to know your own district’s policies regarding dates you must submit grade reports for salary advancement and regarding their policy in accepting grade reports vs. Official Transcripts. Please contact your personnel department for information.

Please note: It typically takes 6-8 weeks to obtain an Unofficial Transcript from the university registrar, so please plan to register and complete your coursework with this time frame in mind.

What information to provide your district should you need prior approval:
– University of the Pacific is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
– We offer graduate-level professional development semester units/credits. 

If additional information is requested by your school district, please do not hesitate to email us, and we will provide you with any information you need to submit to your district. You may contact us at:

Courses4Teachers Inc.
Main Office:
1812 W. Burbank Blvd, #1031, Burbank, CA 91506
[email protected]

What information is needed to register for your time with CAEA:
Certificate of Completion.
Courses4Teachers course number(s) and course title(s) you have selected if you would like to earn units/credits above and beyond what the CAEA event provides.
– The number of graduate-level professional development units/credits you wish to earn. 

Step 2
Attend the CAEA event. Ask CAEA to provide you with a Certificate of Completion before leaving the event.

Step 3
Register for Graduate-level Professional Development Semester Credits/Units

Courses4Teachers requires the following:

1. Registration form: click the link for our user-friendly form
2. Certificate(s) of Completion from CAEA event(s) from the past 12 months. There is a spot on this form to attach your Certificate(s) of Completion from the CAEA event. File types allowed: pdf, jpg, png, bmp, xls, xlsx. You will need to save the Certificate as a PDF, JPG etc. (NO .doc or .docx) to your desktop before trying to attach it. We need this proof of completion before we may process your registration. 
3. Log of extra hours of professional work if you are attempting to earn units/credits above and beyond the units/credits you earn from the CAEA event(s) (explained below).

How to Earn Additional Credit Units Above and Beyond the CAEA Event
Want to earn additional university credits towards salary advancement? The process is simple, and you can earn credit for reading, research, or curriculum development work you have already done recently. Click here for more information.

If your participation in a CAEA event does not provide the number of units/credits you wish to earn, you may choose to register for a Self-Designed Course with Courses4Teachers using professional work you have done before or after the CAEA event. These courses do not need to relate to CAEA; they simply need to be professional activities, e.g., one hour reading literature for your classroom, three hours designing lessons that integrate technology into your curriculum, one hour developing a rubric, one hour previewing an educational video, etc. You may backdate your log 12 months prior to the date you are registering for these credits and you have 12 months to complete any courses providing you have not already received credit for the work you are submitting. See examples below of how to log your work for these courses.

You may choose from any of the Self-Designed Courses listed below. Each course is available for 1-4 units/credits.
P EDU 9063: Focusing on Objectives for Teaching Art
P EDU 9066: Enhancing Your Skills Using Technology
P EDU 9240: Teaching Common Core Standards Effectively
P EDU 9198: Kinesthetic and Creative Teaching Techniques for Effective Classroom Management
P EDU 9044: Strategies to Help Children with Learning Challenges
P EDU 9052: Understanding and Supporting Children with Special Needs

Units/credits may be earned from these courses as follows:

15 hours of documented professional development work = 1 unit/credit
30 hours of documented professional development work = 2 units/credits
45 hours of documented professional development work = 3 units/credits
60 hours of documented professional development work = 4 units/credits 

You have 12 months to complete the log for these courses. Please see a sample log below. The cost for each unit/credit is $99. 

How to Log Work for the Courses Listed Above
You may log curriculum development in any subject that will enhance your classroom teaching.

Your log should note the specific activities you accomplish, including any reading and research you may do. Proof/documentation or explanation of what you say you did is required for each log entry. See the Elaboration in the examples below.

Continue to log hours of curriculum development work to equal the number of hours required for the units/credits you wish to earn. Below are examples of some possible suggested activities you may choose to log. You have 12 months to log these activity hours.

Examples of how to log additional non-CAEA hours
[Date]: Researched various artists and their work X hours
   Elaboration: Provide a brief review of what you learned and list websites / resources
[Date]: Adapted CAEA curriculum ideas into curriculum to meet current teaching mandates X hours
   Elaboration: Tell us more about this activity and provide samples of work
[Date]: Read: [name of book] X hours
   Elaboration: Tell us more about this reading and how it pertains to your curriculum
[Date]: Developed lessons incorporating technology into curriculum X hours
   Elaboration: Tell us more about this activity and provide us with samples
[Date]: Developed rubrics for given lessons X hours
   Elaboration: Tell us more about this activity and provide us with samples 

You may NOT log prep work or any work done at a school workshop or meeting. I.e., no correcting/grading papers or doing report cards; no photocopying; no conferencing with parents; no work done at required team meetings; no leveling books or organizing; no setting up classrooms. Your activities do not have to relate to each other, but they have to be professional activities.

Suggestions of excellent activities: read, researched, developed, created, previewed, revised.

Examples of words NOT to use in your log: collaborated, sorted, leveled, organized, shared.

Once you have completed your log, schedule an appointment with a Grader by visiting the Courses4Teachers website. In the Self-Designed Courses section, look for the link for Graders in your area: https://courses4teachers.net/representatives-graders-in-your-area/ You may contact any Grader in any area near you or arrange a Skype, Facetime, or Zoom with anyone on this list. 

Grade and Transcript Information
After you have submitted your documentation and registration, a grade confirmation will be emailed to you from our Burbank office on university letterhead within 5 business days. You will also receive an Unofficial Transcript in the mail, directly from the University of the Pacific Registrar, in about 6-8 weeks. Some school districts may accept the grade confirmation letter emailed from our office for immediate professional growth and salary increment credit. Most school districts request the Unofficial Transcript from the Registrar, and some may request an embossed, sealed Official Transcript.

Click the link for more Official Transcript information.

About Courses4Teachers Inc., and University of the Pacific
Courses4Teachers is an educational company affiliated with the University of the Pacific/Benerd College, providing practical and motivating courses for teachers throughout the United States. Courses4Teachers has provided PreK-12 teachers with consistent, dependable, high-quality graduate professional courses for over 28 years. The company office is located in Burbank, California. The Courses4Teachers staff takes great pride in the quality of education and service they provide and their strong partnership with the prestigious University of the Pacific. The Pacific main campus, located in Stockton, CA, is one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in California; it has a reputation of high prestige and is known for its quality in education. In addition, the University of the Pacific is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

General Information Regarding Unit/Credit with the University of the Pacific
States across the U.S. have different terminology to label this type of graduate-level professional development credit. It can be referred to as “professional growth,” “post-bachelor’s credit” or “continuing education.” Other terms may also be used, such as “graduate units,” “graduate hours,” or “graduate credits.” 

Regardless of the terminology, and in light of some confusion with semantics among different states, we want to make it clear that these graduate-level professional development courses are designed for professional growth and are available to teachers across the U.S.

These courses will be listed on a University of the Pacific transcript. They are designed primarily for salary advancement and credential renewal requirements. These courses are not designed to be applied towards attainment of an advanced degree with University of the Pacific. You are advised to check with your state board or attending university prior to registering if you wish to apply these units/credits towards the attainment of specialty credentials.

There are no refunds.